Saturday, June 21, 2014

The Challenge #9 - Happy Birthday

We're having a stamping party on the Stamping Forum at Two Peas in a Bucket - WSW14! (WSW stands for Worldwide Stamping Week.) Challenges are run by the members and members participate, it's a lot of fun and I have learned so many things from the Stamping Peas! One challenge happening right now is called Getting Sentimental. So that's the inspiration for this card.

This is the first time I put the Sweet Stamp Shop set "Happy Birthday" to use. I really wanted to do a subway art kind of look. I actually lined up all of the sentiments on my workspace first, then placed a large acrylic block over them so I could ink them up and stamp all at once. This ensured that I kept everything in line.

I'm pretty happy with how that turned out! Before I take the stamps off of the block, I think I'll have to ink up some more card stock with all the happy sentiments for future use.

I used The Challenge #9 sketch:
Thanks for taking a look today! If you are interested in stamping, I invite you to come over to the Two Peas Stamping Forum and see what's going on. It's a friendly group, and we invite you to jump right in with forum posts or participating in challenges! Hope to see you over there!


7 comments:

  1. This is fabulous! Love the subway art style panel you created. Thanks for joining us at The Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love, love, love the look of all the super great Happy sentiments!!! Such a fun take on the sketch!! Thanks for being inspired, thanks for sharing!!!

    Love seeing all this wonderful ness here at The Challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great, Michelle.
    Your crd looks fabulous love your word block stamp

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a terrific use of that SSS set! Really love the pops of green, my favorite color.

    Thank you soooooo much for the super SWEET comment on my blog. I really appreciate that :)

    Have a terrific Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad you posted the card here too, especially after we now know 2Ps will be gone in a few weeks. Hopefully we can try to keep in touch. A few of us are emailing and trying to figure out if there is a place we can carry on with our challenges and such.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Totally gorgeous card, fabulous stamping!

    Here is the tutorial for the box card so you can see how they are put together. I use the svg file on the silhouette but with some measuring you could easily make one without the machine! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8w9Gvgl4WE

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so much fun! Love the way you used the sentiments and the chevron background. Thank you for playing at The Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS