Thursday, May 16, 2013

Antler Arches

 This was a fun layout to make. I love this sketch at Scrap Our Stash so gave it a try:


The other SOS challenge requirement is to use at least 3 pre-made flowers from my stash, so I pulled out my BasicGrey Bloomers - I have tons of these sweet fabric flowers but have used them on very few projects. Perfect for the challenge at hand. I let the flower colors dictate the layout colors, and it all came together nicely with pieces of my December Studio Calico kits.

Since I'm using up old flowers from my stash, I also wanted to participate in the brand new challenge at Sweet Stamp Shop to Use what you have!. So I pulled out my SSS stamps, using them to decorate the white journal card pocket (Today Was) and add some arrows (Chalkboard Sign).

I forgot to take a pic of the flowers before sticking them on the layout, but here's a pic of some of the rest of the Bloomer stash:
 

And here's my layout:
 


15 comments:

  1. Wonderful layout and great take on the sketch and using your stash of premade flowers! So glad you played along with us at Scrap Our Stash this month.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome layout Michele! Love, love, love every little detail! Thanks so much for participating in our sketch challenge over at SOS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I just love this! The pops of red and blue are so perfect with the photo and the flowers are adorable on this layout! Thanks for playing along with us at Scrap Our Stash! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful layout! love your flower stash... I have some of those and LOVE them! nice job on stamping on your layout! Thanks for playing along with Scrap Our Stash! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your embellies! great take on the challenge~

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like how you used the arrows on your page! Thanks for playing with SOS!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome page and take on the sketch! Love everything about your page! Thanks for partcipating in our sketch challenge at Scrap Our Stash!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am intrigued... what is antler arches??

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ashley - This picture is from Jackson, WY, where they have these 4 huge arches made with elk antlers in the town square. The elk shed their antlers every year.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the colors on your layout! Saw you featured on SSS. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great use of all those fab flowers, and a nice place you visited! I must look up the work "antler" in a dictionary and thanks for the explanation of the place!
    Thanks for playing along with Scrap Our Stash in May and welcome back soon!

    La Vikinga / DT Scrap Our Stash

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fantastic LO, I love it! Great job with the sketch,and I love all the extras you added to make it such a great LO. I may have to travel to WY to check out Antler Arches! Thanks for joining us at SOS!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So much fun in a page! Love all the details!

    Thanks for playing at SOS!
    xoxo, Lindsey

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations on winning "top three" at Scrap Our Stash!

    ReplyDelete

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS