Sunday, March 3, 2013

Use It Tuesday - uninked stamps

Participating in Use It Tuesday challenges is always a fun way to use up my stash of supplies and tools. This week's Challenge #50 - Uninked Stamps was no exception. (as a bonus - Use Gold)
I have some butterfly stamps that I won in a prize pack that I had yet to use. (Making Memories 'clear stamps butterfly') I inked them up with Memento Tuxedo Black ink and made my own background image. Honestly, I was just too lazy to do any fussy cutting and masking, so with the black ink I just made sure the images were touching each other, without overlapping. I stamped the large butterflies first, then filled in spaces with the smaller ones.
It took me awhile to figure out what to do next. I had this beautiful bold background on a piece of white cardstock, but how to use it? In the end I kept it simple, trimming it down to cover about 2/3 of a golden yellow A2-sized card (my attempt at adding GOLD to my project), popped it up with foam squares, then added a big yellow-green bow. The ribbon is an old item too - I won it as a prize about 1 1/2 years ago, and this is the first time I've used it.
 Thanks Use It Tuesday for the inspiration this week!
  
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

  1. So pretty ! I love those butterflies. And the green and yellow is so nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok..loving this! I really love that you stamped your background with all the butterflies. It really turned out great and that big green ribbon really works with this card. Thanks for joining our challenge at Use It Tuesday this week and hope to see you again.
    Tammy DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay that is just fabulous. I love the butterflies, hard to believe you could resist using them until now. So glad you did, and that you shared your sweet card with us at Use It Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love everything about this card. Great use of your uninked stamps.
    Thanks for playing along at Use It Tuesday!
    Tracy DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just amazing Michele! What a great idea. Thanks for inking up those stamps and playing along with us at Use It Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS