Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Gelatos, embossing and glitter, oh my!

Another card inspired by a Stamptoberfest challenge at Two Peas in a Bucket!

Using up my Stash again, so this is another Use What You Have Challenge #19 entry.

 My stash this time are these gorgeous gelatos!

I really had no idea how to use gelatos, so I recruited my crafty 3-year old for some help. She did not hesitate to put some color on paper and made this:


How fabulous is that?

Well, the SOF13 challenge I worked on this time was a technique one called "Backgrounds with Wow". First you color the cardstock, then emboss it, then add glitter glue! I then trimmed down my background and made this card:

Can you believe I don't have an embossing machine? I just used a drinking glass to roll and push on the folder, makes a great impression.

Thanks for stopping by!


4 comments:

  1. Pretty card, Michele. Great innovation too using a glass to emboss! Gelatos are the next thing I want to try. AND, I received my prize package today in the mail! Thanks so much! Love all the goodies! Think I will be making a little brag book for my mom. My brother just got married and added a wife and stepson and my son is getting married next month! I'll make sure I send you a link to share it with you! I love the Jeni Bowlan paper. I have a couple of her really tiny packs. And beautiful card you stuck in too. So grateful! I'm hoping to get a card into Paper Girls tonight for the challenge! Have a blessed weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Michele, your three-year-old did a great job with those gelatos (better than I can manage!)! I love your cool background with them, and the glass did a great job embossing (I've also head of others using a brayer). Very pretty colors against the white card...so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've heard of people using a rolling pin - whatever works!

    That is one terrific background. It does have WOW factor. The card is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fabulous effort to complete this challenge! LOVE your SPARKLING results and your card!
    Thanks for playing in my challenge.

    ReplyDelete

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS